The build-up of mineral scale is a threat to the performance and durability of coffee and espresso machines. Mineral scale build-up can impact your machine’s boiler, preventing water from reaching its optimal brewing temperature. At insufficient temperatures, it is impossible to extract the full flavor from your coffee. Mineral scale build-up can also clog water flow, and if not removed, can cause a machine to stop working.
Descaling removes the mineral scale build-up that forms on the heating element of all coffee equipment. Dezcal Descaling Powder is odor free and rinses away thoroughly, unlike vinegar which can be difficult to rinse, takes longer to be effective and leaves behind an unpleasant odor and aftertaste that affects the aroma and taste of your coffee.
- Effectively breaks down limescale for better tasting coffee and more consistence machine performance.
- Descaling removes mineral scale that builds up on the heating element of every coffee maker.
- Also effectively descales hot water tanks and boilers, as well as faucets and sprayheads.
- Formulated from biodegradable, odorless and phosphate free ingredients.
Create a descaling solution using 200 g of Dezcal Powder for each 3.9 L of warm water. Stir to dissolve. Depending on your machine, follow directions for eithe removable boilers or descaling in place.
1. Place descaling solution in separate container or vessel. Ensure there is enough availble space in the container to add the boiler as well.
2. Add the boiler to the container with the descaling solution.
3. Soak the boiler in descaling solution.
4. Hold solution in vessel for up to 30 minutes.
5. Remove the boiler and rinse it throroughly with clean water prior to re-inserting it into the machine.
Descaling in Place
1. Add descaling solution directly to the machine's water reservoir, or as recommended by the manufacturer.
2. Hold solution in vessel for up to 30 minutes.
3. Discard of decsaling solution and rinse water reservoir throroughly with clean water prior to use.